This part-time evening course introduces students aged 16+ to a wide range of acting and performance methods. Classes will focus on acting for screen and stage, voice and movement, as well as preparing individuals for auditions.
APT Drama School’s eight week evening acting program provides professional training for both beginner and intermediate levels.
The course is suitable for everyone wishing to learn the craft of acting & performance as well as develop further skills for the benefit of auditioning, full time drama training or simply for enjoyment.
A variety of acting methods and techniques are taught along with voice & movement, a great way to challenge yourself or simply try something new and increase your social circle with like minded individuals.
The course takes place one night a week for a duration of 8 weeks and costs £120.
Subjects covered during the course:
- Acting methods and techniques
- Voice and speech
- Physical theatre – mime, mask & animal study
- Stage and screen combat
- Screen acting (TV/film)
- Audition/repertoire technique
- Presentation technique
- Rehearsal/performance projects
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN APPLYING:
- Our minimum age of entry for the part-time evening course is 16 years. Please note, there is no upper age limit for this course.
- Applicants must complete our online application form.
- Following your application we will contact you secure your place on our course. You will need to place a non-refundable deposit of £75.00, which will be counted as part of the final term’s fees.
- Fees can be paid in two ways: cheques or bank transfer prior to the commencement of the course.
- Read about our audition procedure here
- Accepting a place on APT’s part-time evening course means that you, the individual, will willingly assume responsibility for the payment of its tuition fees for that course.
- Fees must be paid at the start of each course for the forthcoming course and no later than TWO weeks prior to the start of each course.
- Failure to pay fees will result in withdrawal of the individual student’s place on the Course until any outstanding payment due has been received in full.
- If for any reason a student should leave or not be able to continue or complete their course with APT, no fees already paid to the Academy will be refundable.
- Individuals must – on acceptance of a place on APT’s part-time courses secure that place with a non-returnable deposit of £75.00 (seventy five pounds sterling).
- This is the individual student’s guarantee of their place on the APT Course and is counted as part of the course fees.
- Fees MUST be paid by bank transfer, prior to the commencement of the Course.