The One-Year Acting Foundation Course has been specifically designed with clear and defined aims; it builds an adaptable technique, easily developed with further training.
Along with core lessons, you will benefit from additional tutorials and private tuition, as well as being guided through the audition process at various drama UK accredited schools. Guest speakers from the various institutions provide the opportunity to find out more about their training so you can make informed decisions about where to audition.
Level 04 in Performance (Trinity College London)
Term 1 provides the foundation of the students’ skillset in acting, movement and voice. All work is internal during the initial term, allowing students time for discovery, exploration and understanding of various approaches of practitioners such as Method acting Practitioners, Meisner, and Mike Leigh. There will also be an exploration of adapting Shakespeare for the contemporary actor.
Term 2 continues to consolidate the new techniques learned in Term 1 through a variety of rehearsal projects, students start to prepare monologue work for drama school auditions . Students will also learn the foundations of acting for the camera – students start to prepare
Term 3 becomes more intensive as students practice audition technique, begin to put into practice the techniques they have acquired during auditions. This is then followed by a showcase production of students’ work. A post-foundation course action plan is formulated to prepare each student for further professional training either with us or elsewhere. Finally students sit their ATCL Diploma examination.
- Acting methodologies: Shakespeare (a modern approach)
- Improvisation and rehearsal projects
- Character/Scene Study: Advanced techniques of line-learning and finding the character quickly will be taught.
- Single camera monologue study.
- Actors’ physicality – the important of body language.
- Stage and screen combat – the basics of combat will be taught
- Physical theatre – movement techniques LABAN
- Voice production/Presentation technique.
- Articulation, projection, Resonance, Clarity, Diction, will all be taught through various exercises.
- Drama school audition technique.
- Application forms / headshots
- Industry state of play: Drama School requirements.
- Showcase production.
- Selling yourself/the use of social media / funding.
- Full Course Fee: £5,550.00
- Accepting a place on any APT course means that you, the individual, will willingly assume responsibility for the payment of all tuition fees for that course.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and pay a non-refundable audition fee of £30 via bank transfer.
- Failure to pay fees will result in withdrawal of the individual student’s place on the Course until any outstanding payment due has been received in full.
- If for any reason a student should leave or not be able to continue or complete their course with APT, no fees already paid to the Academy will be refundable.
- On acceptance of a place on any of APT’s full-time courses, individuals must secure that place with a non-refundable deposit of £1000 (One Thousand Pounds Sterling). The Deposit is the individual students guarantee of their place on the APT course and is counted as part of the overall fee.
- The remaining balance of the course fees for the year £4,550-00 must be received by the academy on or before August 31st for the year of entry.
Fees MUST be paid via bank transfer only by August 31st for the year of entry.